Friday, February 29, 2008

2/29/08 Thought of the Week



JEFF WRITES:
What up all, its Leap Day so let's get this party started. I pulled a Klappholz style jinx yesterday saying it wasn't snowing or super cold for once this winter...then we got another 3 inches....ridiculous. On to a rare February 29th edition of the thought.
To the surprise of none, an FBI investigation into Roger Clemens has begun. Do you think Clemens has actually convinced himself he is telling the truth? Because he obviously is not. The FBI is going to tear him apart and I am going to love every second. Enough about that though, because spring training has officially begun. I love how random college teams get to play major league teams early on. It's like the Florida Marlins split squad vs. Boston College. Who wouldn't pay to see that one? I assume the college teams use wooden bats in those games...hmm, what a concept! And speaking of jinxing, Tim Kurkjian picked the Cubs as the team to beat in the Central yesterday, great!
Tomorrow is March 1, and that means March Madness is only a few weeks away. Drake followed up that impressive win at Butler with a loss at SMS (I refuse to call them Missouri State). What's up with schools changing their names anyways?? Can you imagine if UNI all of a sudden changed their name to Iowa A&M or something? I will try going 4-0 at Iowa games this season tomorrow as we host Illinois. Losing at Penn State by one the other night was just flat out embarrassing. And thanks Big Ten Network for ruining the whole basketball season.
Random comment....A quick glance at cnn.com this morning showed this headline "Saddam Hussein cousin to be killed by March 28". Nothing like having a death deadline fall on your birthday. By the way, my birthday is on a Friday this year so it could get pretty binions. Mark your calendars...
That is about all I have for this week. It has been one of the busiest weeks of all time. Tonight should be fun as Frey and recently jobless man Danny come to CR for a night of drinking. I hear OWEilertson is in on the party as well. Beware the drunken phone call tonight. Good day.

JOE WRITES:
Leap Day....YES! Who was the idiot who put Leap Day in February? Is there a worse month than February: no good sports, horrendous weather, Black History. Leap year should be in September or October and maybe we could garb another Saturday of college football.

Roger Clemens took steroids. Save us from this boring story and just admit what everyone is already assuming and fess up. This is going to drag on forever and I really don't care that much anymore. The court of public opinion has spoken. The Twins started out Spring Training with a 6-1 defeating and seating the tone of another offense stricken season. Possibly the best part of Spring Training is the semi-star who blows out his knee or tears his MCL and is shot for the year. I'm predicting Miguel Tejada, Ken Griffey (it's time to drop the Jr), and Kyle "The Farns" Farnsworth serious injuries.

I'm ready for the Madness and I am prepared by taking 1/2 of Thursday and ALL of Friday off work. I also am taking Opening Day off. I take a lot of vacation because I get a lot of vacation. Drake is playing their way into a 12 seed. Just a couple weeks ago, the powers that be projected them as a 3 seed. Drake needs to win against Witchatard Saturday and they should be in. The Eric Coleman Era ended at UNI with a win against the Sycamores. He will be best remembered for his power rebounds with no one around him. EC proved that learning to use your off hand is a total waste of time if you are left handed. We were good friends in Baseball Theory class. I'm reconsidering my stance on BTN because I don't know if I would want to watch Iowa. You are correct about SMS. UNI should take a page from Georgia Southern and become Iowa Northern.

My calendar is marked for the birthday bash. I hear a posse is rolling up to CR which means three things: 3rd on 1st, Silver Strike, and Lumberyard. Rox and Pam are coming to visit me Saturday so I'm going to stay back. I'm sure it will be binions.
KLAPPHOLZ WRITES:
I hate lead day because I get paid twice a month. Today means a free day for Centro. I should get an extra day of vacation for this.

I don't want to talk about Roger Clemens anymore. Yes, baseball will be here shortly. It should be a good thing when the season actually starts. The Cubs should be alright. I think they will win it all this year. My injured players are Kerry Wood, David Wright and Bartelo Colon. We have got to plan a game to go to soon.

The tourney is about to start. Did you see that Memphis game last week? Tyler Smith basically won that game for them in the last minutes. Also the refs kind of hosed Memphis. I like the chances for North Carolina and Memphis to go pretty far in the tournament. I have not watched as much basketball this year as I would of thought.

Lurch, NO ONE SLEEPS IN MY BED TONIGHT. PLEASE. When is the birthday bash. I will be back in Iowa for a couple of days next week for the big guys retirement. I will be home by Wednesday at 12:00 then not flying back until Sunday morning. Hopefully it will not snow for a day and it won't be that bad. Have fun living it up in CR tonight. What happened to Danny's job? Did he get fired?

OUT

No comments: