Friday, February 15, 2008

Thought of the Week 2/15/08


JOE WRITES:
You're right, I'm real important. Except I'm not. The group I presented to had donuts, which is nice. Exciting times for TOTW as we go global. Yes, I've decided to start blogging crap online. All TOTW activities will be posted at BairdinSpace.blogspot.com. Dumb name, but it is a healthy alternative to working.

Iowa pulled an Iowa last night by blowing a 11 point half-time lead to Michigan. I've said it before, but Iowa is still intimidated by the Chris Webber glory days. Seriously Iowa? Just when I think the tide has turned, you go and do something stupid like lose to Michigan at home. Drake's hot streak is over after doing what is expected; losing at Southern Illinois. Last I saw Bracketology had them projected as a 3 seed. I'm guess a few more losses are in store and they will end up a 6. Does Iowa State even play basketball anymore?

Clemens testified in front of Congress this week and it was very very boring. Nothing like watching to losers in a "he said/he said" argument between to cheating losers. Speaking of losers, Kelvin Sampson. I hope you get fired and the golden boy Steve Alford and his hair get the invite back to Bloomington

Pitchers and catchers have reported which is a good sign of spring. Only about six weeks to opening day. I'm ready and have already taken 3/31 off of work to celebrate arguably my favorite day in sports. It's the one day a year the Devil Rays rrrrrrrrrr Rays are in first. Seriously, the Devil Rays are known as the Rays now. Were the names Walters and Richards already taken? Ryan "The Dumpster" Dempster has boldly predicted the Cubs to win the Series. Yes, the Cubs are an above average to good team, but as a Cubs player you should probably avoid statements like that. Especially when you have developed "the fat one" pitch over the past year.

The State wrassslin tournament has begun this week in Des Moines and girls bball/boys bball is the next two weeks. What this means to me is to expect idiot drivers from Audabon County who don't know where they are going or what the hell a "lane" is. Partially because of the large amount of paint for "Pin'um Johnny" on the back windshield, but mostly because the Ford Windstar doesn't handle like the John Deere combine. Same crap happens in Cedar Rapids with the volleyball clowns. It's annoying.

war going to Drake UNI Saturday afternoon and pre-gaming at the OP.
war a road trip to Canada for some 222s

JEFF WRITES
Wow, taking the TOTW global...I am impressed. Now anyone and everyone can hear the meaningless things we talk about weekly, spectacular! Anything with alternative to working in the sentence is fine by me.

I made the mistake of assuming Iowa had the game in the proverbial bag last night after they jumped out to like a 22-7 lead or something. I should have known better. Michigan put up a 44 spot in the second half, wtf? Iowa has held teams to that total for an entire game this year. How can we beat Michigan at their place by like 10, but then lose at home?? Only the Hawkeyes. I think Iowa State forfeited the rest of their games this year...haven't heard a thing about them. Drake finally lost a game, impressive streak though. I could see them losing the close games they have been lucking out on all year down the stretch and getting a 7 seed or something.

It was fun seeing Clemens get grilled by some of the Congressman. Of course some of them took the I'm a fan route and made dumb comments like which jersey will he wear in the hall of fame??? I have no reason to believe Clemens, the evidence keeps piling up against him. McNamee is pretty shady himself though. I love how the Kelvin Sampson news came out the same day as the Congressional hearing, way to try and slip that one past us Indiana. It would be fun to boo Alfraud once every year in person.

Ah yes, baseball season is fast approaching. Dempster pulled a Carlos Zambrano and predicted a World Series title...dumb. Nothing like jinxing the season before it begins, thanks Ryan. Not sure how moving Dempster back into the rotation is a good thing either?? I would rather have Livan Hernandez, hahaha. Sounds like Frank Liriano is having some problems getting into the country, that could pose a problem. Maybe he shouldn't have got an O-dub once upon a time. 3/31 is definitely marked down on the calendar, can't wait.

State wrestling tournament AKA time for high school kids to skip out on class and do some underage drinking. It's amazing how many stories across the board I've heard from people about drinking during state wrestling. I feel sorry for you having to deal with Mr. and Mrs. Hick who drive in from the sticks to see their 4th son wrestle. Who is taking care of the farms this week? I would stay many miles away from the Wells Fargo Arena this week.

war Chris Berman's "image" getting shot down daily
war the Bears picking up Byron Fatwich to back up Kyle Orton next year

Late!

KLAPPHOLZ WRITES

Nice job talking in front of the doughnuts. I am getting ready for a Friday afternoon meeting that is fun for all.

I would not know what Iowa basketball looks like. One game, that is all I have seen. Drake will not be a 3 seed. People love to say Dr. Tom Davis's name. At least one team from Iowa will be going to the big dance.

Clemens looked bad, and I think that Barry bonds greatest Christmas present was the Mitchell Report. If it was not for this the media would still probably be talking about him. Where is Chuck Knoblauch? He is missing for life. Sampson is an idiot. Looks like he is going to get the hook. Back comes Bob Knight? That would be sweet.

Baseball is starting back up. Yeah., go Cubs go. That would be awesome it Fukodome was any good. I cannot wait to start watching baseball again. Looks like I should be home around opening day which means I will not miss any Cubs games on WGN.

Well I got to get back after it in this meeting.

OUT

No comments: